* PR SAMPLE *
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I just had some spare time and decided to do some nail art. I was debating on a bunch of designs and finally decided to settle for a velvet cartoon mani.
**In case you didn't know there are many names for a 'Velvet' manicure such as a 'Suede' or
'Flocking Powder' mani.
Things you will need to complete this mani:
• Blue, Black, Brown/Nude, White Nail Polish
• Blue, Black, Brown, White Flocking Powder
• Small Nail Art Brush and/or Dotting Tool
• Black Studs
• Top Coat
1. I first painted my nails with a base coat and then painted my middle finger blue and the rest a brown/nude colour.
When your doing a velvet manicure you really want to make sure your nails are completely dry before you start with the flocking powder
2. On the finger that is painted blue use a clear top coat and cover the whole nail and quickly take your blue flocking powder and carefully sprinkle it over the fresh top coat.
3. Wait about 35 seconds and gently tap your finger on the flocking powder to make sure it is secure to the fresh polish, then take your fan brush and gently wipe off all of the excess flocking powder.
4. Wait a couple of minutes for the polish to dry and then take a dotting tool and dip it in some white polish and make two dots for the eyes. Then quickly take the white flocking powder and sprinkle it over the fresh polish. Wait for it to dry and wipe the excess of with the fan brush.
5. Do the same thing as step 3&4 for the mouth with the black flocking powder and and use black polish for the mouth, make a half moon for the mouth with the a small paint brush and wait for it to dry.
6. Take two black studs and coat the bottom with some clear polish and stick them down onto the white flocking powder for the eyes. I did the classic googly eyes :P
7. While you wait for the mouth to completely dry paint some polka dots on one of the brown/nude nails and quickly do the same process with the brown flocking powder, and do the same for the rest of the brown/nude nails.
8. Take the brown/nude polish and paint a smaller half moon inside of the mouth and quickly do the same process with the brown flocking powder
I really hope you enjoy this cute cartoon mani! I love using flocking powder and even though it looks intimidating, its really not that bad to use. I really hope you enjoyed the little tutorial!
What do you think of this mani?
Let me know if you try this for yourself and I will link it down below! :D